Monday, May 5, 2014

AHA moments along my journey

First, thank you for sharing these moments with me. I know your time is valuable. Just know that I appreciate your precious time. Love and Peace.


While scrolling through my facebook news feed, I saw a link for an excerpt from an Oprah Life Class video. It is a very short clip, but powerful with the message.



After watching it and listening to Brene Brown,(love her!) here is what I wrote:  

Well, there's an AHA moment. I know where I inherited this thought process, now I know what to do about it!

I grew up with this thinking, always waiting for the other shoe to drop. It is definitely a learned behavior. And there was no coincidence that this message was sent to me right now - at this moment. The perfect timing in its appearance, as I am going through a 7 week class on Tapping for Financial Abundance and Personal Fullfillment. (by Nick and Jessica Ortner - they are the best!) One of the early triggers that came up for me, from my childhood and early adult life, was that when a long term bill was paid off, I would hear the parental unit say: Don't get too comfortable with that extra money, because something will come up that will spend it for you. Always. 

Things in life always come up, it is how you prepare for them. If you aren't prepared for a rainy day, yes, it is going to rain and feel like a hardship. But it involves changing the thinking from the past. 

I'm not judging. They were born in the Great Depression and it was hard. Real hard. I just see things differently than that. What will come, will come anyway. Prepare yourself the best you can for it and not attach the negative emotion to it. 

In the next installment, I'll let you in a little secret you can try instead.

I grew up watching Oprah and loved that she presented ideas outside the norm. I love her LifeClass best, along with Super Soul Sunday. Here are some backward looks at her show:

(hint: used copies much less expensive listed on the same page)



Nick and Jessica Ortner's DVD Documentary that centered on a several day Tapping workshop to rid personal traumas is what got me started 'tapping'. It has been the one most miraculous personal self-help I have ever found. I will sing its praises til I am dead. LOL



I hope you enjoyed the post. Be sure to watch for the next one!
I'm glad you shared these moments with me. Love and Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment